For many managers, the question still remains relevant – are not his employees stealing? And we are talking not only about office supplies and other little things, but also about finances. Various fraudulent schemes lead not only to a decrease in profits, but also a weakening of positions in the market, a deterioration in reputation.
Why do employees of companies steal? There are several reasons for this:
- low income;
- personal dislike for the manager or shareholders;
- insufficient control over the actions of employees by the management;
Those. the reasons for theft can be not only social, but also personal. In practice, there are employees who turned out to be dishonest due to their drug addiction or huge debts. In such a situation, both parties suffer – the employee who will be punished and the manager who loses part of the profit.
As practice shows, the most vulnerable are representatives of small and medium-sized businesses. In companies with a small number of staff, it is inappropriate to maintain a staff of lawyers and their own security service. It is because of the lack of control that such illegal acts occur.
In such situations, it is recommended to contact specialists who will not only conduct an internal investigation, identify the perpetrators, but also propose a number of measures that will prevent theft in the future and minimize business risks. One of such companies in our country is ForensicPro. With our help, you can protect your company.
Difference between theft and theft
At first glance, there is no difference between these two concepts. Both are characterized by the seizure of someone else’s property. But in fact, there are differences. What are they all about?
Let’s start with general features. How to understand that there was a theft or theft in the company? Leaders should pay attention to the following aspects:
- determination of the shortage as a result of the audit of financial reporting documents, audit;
- constant information leakage;
- decrease in the level of business activity, efficiency of employees;
- some employees are clearly living beyond their means;
- deterioration in the quality of products or services provided;
- deterioration of relations with counterparties, clients, etc.
Let’s get back to the differences. In accordance with the Code of Administrative Offenses and the Criminal Code, theft is understood as secret theft of someone else’s property. Theft is synonymous with theft, and it is the second term that is most often used in everyday life. Depending on the amount of damage, the type of liability is determined – criminal or administrative.
As for the theft, this is an unlawful act committed out of selfish motives, which manifests itself in the gratuitous seizure, acquisition, seizure of someone else’s property. An obligatory consequence of such an act is the infliction of material damage to the owner of the property.
In the event of a theft in a company, it may not only be about financial resources. The objects of theft are goods, assets, etc.
On a note! In case of revealing the facts of theft or theft, the authorities have several options for solving the problem – to bring the perpetrators to justice, to consider this issue at a meeting of the labor collective, or to dismiss the swindler / thief in accordance with the current labor legislation.
How to fight corruption within the company?
Perhaps many will agree that this is an eternal question. First of all, you need to start with executives, who must make an undeniable decision – to start an active fight against internal corporate fraud and corruption.
In some cases, companies manage on their own, but more often they turn to outside specialists. What ForensicPro offers in the fight against corruption within the company:
- Conducting thorough, objective checks of all financial documents, the work of the legal service.
- Verification of all individuals.
- Identification of violations, inconsistencies.
- Collecting evidence of the guilt of specific individuals.
- Suggestions for the punishment of guilty employees.
- Drawing up a list of measures aimed at preventing corruption in the future.
- Development of the necessary documents.
- Recovery of material damage in court.
- Organization of training for employees in conflict of interest behavior.
- Optimization of HR processes.
- Development, creation of an access control and management system.
- Formation of a new corporate culture, rules.
If you have already encountered theft or theft in your business, or want to introduce preventive measures and prevent such acts, contact Assetpro. We are the first in Ukraine to offer honest, objective and effective investigation of intracorporate fraud. We help you protect your business.